Does Direct Mail Marketing Still Work?
In 2016, The Data & Marketing Association reported that the direct mail customer response rate increased by 43%. Even better, the prospect response rate increased by 190% compared to 2015. … Direct mail is still effective and using it is a game changer for any serious marketer.
How much does it cost to do a direct mail campaign?
Direct mail pieces can cost anywhere from 30 cents to more than $10 per person, depending on how much you spend on design, marketing copy, mailing lists, printing, and distribution. Some organizations do much of this inhouse and wind up only paying for printing and mailing.
What is an example of direct mail?
Direct mail is marketing material or product mailed directly to the homes of consumers or offices of business buyers. Examples include postcards with an offer, catalogs that display goods, coupons, solicitation letters from nonprofits or free samples sent by businesses.
How do I create a direct mailer?
Plan Out Your Direct Mail Piece
- Know Your Target Audience. It’s nearly impossible to design an effective direct mail piece if you don’t know who you’re targeting. …
- Identify the Goal of Your Piece. Another important step in planning your direct mail piece is identifying the goal or intent behind it. …
- Choose the Right Format.
Is Direct Mail Marketing Successful?
In its response rate report, the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) analyzed Bizo and Epsilon data and found that direct mail achieves a 4.4% response rate, compared to 0.12% for email. Overall, the DMA found that direct mail’s response rates are actually anywhere from 10 to 30 times higher than that of digital.
What is the best day to send direct mail?
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
These mid-week days provide you with the best opportunity to get your direct mail into the hands of your target audience. Recipients are typically going home after work and sorting through their mail on these three days.
What are some examples of direct marketing?
Emails, online adverts, flyers, database marketing, promotional letters, newspapers, outdoor advertising, phone text messaging, magazine adverts, coupons, phone calls, postcards, websites, and catalog distribution are some examples of direct marketing strategies.
What is a good response rate for direct mail?
How do I advertise through the post office?
Explore Your EDDM Options
- Great for small businesses, restaurants, realtors, and local political campaigns.
- Use a USPS.com account.
- Send at least 200 and up to 5,000 pieces per day per ZIP Code™
- Drop off your EDDM mailing at the Post Office™
- No special mailing permit needed.
- Pay online or at the Post Office.
What is direct mail used for?
Direct mail encompasses a wide variety of marketing materials, including brochures, catalogs, postcards, newsletters and sales letters. Major corporations know that direct-mail advertising is one of the most effective and profitable ways to reach out to new and existing clients.
What types of direct mail are the most effective?
6 Useful Types of Direct Mail and Their Benefits
- Postcards. Postcards are one of the clearest and most effective messaging tools you can use for a variety of products and services. …
- Self-Mailers. …
- Lead Letters. …
- Mailing Lists. …
- Dimensional Mailers. …